Living with Pets: Allergies!
You love and want a pet in your home but your body does not agree with you. Something about your new cat makes you want to sneeze all the time, causes your nose to run and make you all-round comfortable. You go to see the doctor and you have been diagnosed with a pet allergy, so poor Boots has to find a new home. Or does he?
Living with allergies can be challenging, and with pet allergies, wanting a pet but not able to have one can be unfortunate. However, with useful tips, even with allergies you can cope with your beloved pet without having to lose the bond.
- Consider making your bedroom a pet free zone which should reduce your exposure to allergens from your pet.
- Bathe your pet regularly. Do ask your vet how often you can bathe your pet.
- Use vacuum cleaners to clean your house. You might want to invest in one that has a HEPA filter, or use a standalone HEPA filter if you don’t have a vacuum cleaner with one.
- Clean your house and furniture frequently to reduce the allergen levels.
- Make use of anti-allergy medications. If you prefer to avoid drugs, you may try using honey as treatment.
These are only a few tips to guide you in keeping the bond you have with your pet. If you have any other tips, do let us know in the comment section!