Is your pet Choking or you noticed airway obstruction
A quick heimlich maneuver will help you handle this before visiting your vet. See how it works:
- Hold your pet upside down by their back legs, suspend in the air
- Firmly deliver a blow using your hand to the abdomen of the pet, in the area of where the ribs finish and the abdomen starts
- Repeat 4 times
- Call our emergency number right away to book an appointment to see the doctor
Did your pet get a burn?
Follow these steps for first aid burn treatment:
- Cool the area immediately with cool running water or a cool compress
- Immerse in or flush with water or apply a cool pack to the affected area for a minimum of 5 minutes
- Apply a moist, cool compress to the affected area
- Keep your pet warm by wrapping in a blanket
Getting your pet to us in the event of emergencies is the best way to give them the treatment they need at such a crucial time. Don’t waste any time; we are a phone call away!
Noticed your dog or cat bleeding?
Control the bleeding by applying pressure to the wound with your hands for 3 minutes or with a bandage.
Once the bleeding has been controlled, call our emergency number right away to talk to a doctor or book an appointment.