Do you know the most popular dog breeds?
Man’s best friend though they are, they come in different breeds and while some are smarter, others are closer to man than
It is normal to educate oneself about the different dog breeds that exist because then, you can make an informed decision when getting a dog and also if you are ever around one.
Some dogs are better as pets and others are great for security or as police dogs. These categories of dogs are the most popular kinds because they fit into these useful roles as pets or security.
So in getting a dog, apart from making sure they fit your family lifestyle and taste, what you need the dog for should also come into place.
In no particular order, the 10 most popular dog breeds include:
- Labrador Retriever: Labrador Retriever is a very family-oriented, lovable dog. It is most likely very popular because it is affectionate and loyal and since many people get dogs as family pets, it naturally draws the heart of many towards it. The fact that they can also double as guard dog amidst the tummy roll is a very huge attraction for many.
- Golden Retriever: This dog is also a very popular and preferred breed because they are loyal, very friendly and patient, therefore, great with kids. They are known to be particularly liked by kids. Like the Labrador Retriever, they are also good service dogs, so they can double as guard dogs.
- German Shepherd Dog: This breed of dog is popularly used as a police and service dog. Their intelligence and activeness make them a favourite of the force. They, however, also have a very affectionate side with their loved ones, therefore, they can be gotten for the house too. Although they can be quite difficult to control if the owner doesn’t make it known early enough who is in charge but they are very loyal. You can trust a German Shepherd to protect and defend the family.
- French Bulldog: French Bulldog is a very adorable dog because of its large ears that make it constantly look like a puppy even though it is growing. Their cute wrinkles also call to people. They are very perfect for the family because of how cute and sweet they are.
- Bulldogs: With a stocky frame and known to sleep a lot and said to lack swimming skills, a bulldog is built tough and looks tough but also very affectionate to its loved ones. They are quite independent and might find it hard obeying commands unlike many dog breeds, but they are home-loving and loyal.
- Beagles: If you are looking for a dog breed with an incredible sense of smell, a beagle is one. It can be used to smell trouble if you used by the force but also uses its incredible smell for mischief around the house. Stocky as well, beagles can carry on dog conversation incredibly with the hilarious sounds that come out of them. They are also great family dogs.
- Rottweiler: Due to its size, the Rottweiler can be very intimidating and many labels it as a dangerous dog, but it can be really affectionate as well. The dog is great as a guard dog and as a family dog. But it needs to be trained strictly and taught structure because that is not something it is naturally used to.
- Chihuahua: Chihuahuas are known for their small size but their size doesn’t keep them down, they are also confident. Their size makes them attractive as pets and they are a great companion, known for nipping when they feel harassed, however.
- Boxer: This dog breed is active, energetic and playful. They are good as guard dogs and also great with kids because of how playful they are, kids can relate to their playfulness and vice versa.
- Poddle: This dog breed is one that unknown to many is very intelligent. It has a soft appearance but actually strong. They are very popular among humans, get along well with other dogs and also very good at entertaining.
As much as we love dogs, the breeds of dogs mentioned in this post are the most popular ones. Hopefully this article has opened your eyes to why some of these breeds are popular.
Now over to you. Which one of them do you love and why? I will like to read your comments